Master of Science
Media Management, Expected June 2018,
The New School, New York, NY
Studying leadership concepts for emerging technology and media businesses and foundations in analytics, research and design.
Honors Bachelor of Science
New Media Communications, Awarded June 2009
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Ore.
Studied media effects, effective communication and visual design strategies, media ethics, models for new media enterprises as well as the existing mass media landscape. Thesis explored the Oregon State University reaction to a newspaper illustration published during tenure as editor-in-chief that was unintentionally racially insensitive.
- The Oregonian, Editorial Team — Letters Intern, September - December 2009
- The Oregonian, Presentation Team — Page Design Intern, June - September 2009
- Hewlett-Packard, InkJet Print Lab — Page Design Intern, March - June 2009
- National Assoc. of Broadcasters NABShow — Assistant to the EVP of TV, March 2009
- The Daily Astorian — Copy Editing and Page Design Intern, June 2008 - September 2008
- The Oregonian, Editorial Team — Community Development Intern, April - July 2008
- The Yamhill Valley News Register — Snowden Reporting Intern, June 2007 - September 2007
- The Provost’s Scholarship, The New School (2015-2018)
- American Veterans of Korea Scholarship (2015-2016)
- Diversity Achievement Award Scholarship, Oregon State University (2005-2009)
- Clackamas County Farm Bureau Scholarship (2005-2006)