Lead Product Designer
MassMutual, Enterprise Technology and Experience, Digital Experience, Design
Nov. 2018 - Present
As a lead product designer at MassMutual, I am the point-person for B2B projects with our producers, brokers and advisors in mind. I work with our business partners to discover requirements, coordinate and conduct research with end users, develop wireframes / prototypes and create assets for our developers and delivery teams. I excel at utilizing existing patterns in innovative ways to create easy-to-deliver experiences that exceed expectations. I am valued for my ability to advocate for our end users and communicate our ideas to stakeholders.
• Lead user experience efforts for a financial professional-facing portal for MassMutual's retirement business (recently acquired by Empower)
• Designed solution for managing the entitlements (including retirement plans and permissions) of the financial professionals above
• Designed institutional investor-facing portal for MassMutuals guaranteed investment contract business
• Designed workflow and platform for financial professionals analyze suitability of financial products sold by MassMutual
• Designed workflow for auditors to request standard confirmation for bank- and corporate-owned life insurance products
• Facilitated the kickoff, ideation and brainstorming session for MassMutual's first research and development team
• Lead market research effort on consumer sentiment on wearable devices and sharing data with life insurers
• Lead the relaunch of the Design and Technology Guild at MassMutual, which united designers and developers
• Lead the development and implementation of a design system for MassMutual's business customers
• Lead the launch of a working group that works to establish a community of practice for ethical digital product development
• Created and facilitated a social justice bookclub, eventually recruiting more than a quarter of our division to participate
Adjunct Professor of User Experience Design
Jefferson University, Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce
Aug. 2017 - Present
As an adjunct professor for Jefferson — the combined Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University, I teach courses for the master of user experience and interaction design program. These courses include foundations in information architecture, user research and user experience design.
Interaction Design Foundation
Member | May 2018 - Present
Ladies That UX Philadelphia
Member | June 2017 - Present
PhillyCHI, Local Chapter SIGCHI
Member | June 2017 - Present
Senior User Experience Designer
TandemSeven, A Genpact Company
April 2016 - Nov. 2018
As a user experience designer, senior consultant for TandemSeven, I am responsible for leading research and design projects for Fortune 500 clients. I collaborate with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocate for users and user-centered designed practices through research, ideation and solution development. My experience at TandemSeven has been concentrated in the financial services industry including capital markets, insurance and financial regulation.
Contract Project Manager, Content Strategist
Free Association, User Experience Consultancy
Oct. 2014 - April 2016
As a contract project manager for Brooklyn, N.Y.-based Free Association, I managed the scope and schedule of projects with Cornell University (October 2014 - January 2015 and April - July 2015) and Google (February - March 2015 and May - June 2015). Additionally, I conducted market research, provided industry forecasting, produced content strategy during my time with the team.
Partner, Product Launch Lead
Sea/Salt Ventures, Product Partnership Studio
June 2014 - April 2016
As a partner in the Sea/Salt Ventures product partnership studio, I developed web and mobile products with a 3-person team; consulted on product strategy via market and user experience research; helped product partners find product-market fit; consulted on content and marketing strategy; and conducted regular analytics reviews.
Project Manager and Content Strategist
AdPearance, Digital Advertising Agency
Feb. - June 2014
I managed scope, schedule and resources for a number of digital products for this marketing company; executed planning, including analytics reviews, market research, competitor analysis, content strategy, information architecture and marketing strategy; and developed wireframes to communicate with developers on my team.
Contract Project Manager, User Experience Designer
Hewlett-Packard, Co., InkJet Print Lab
Jan. 2010 - Dec. 2013
I utilized analytics, market research and user interviews to develop new printable products for “HP Printables” service as well as wireframes for the online user interface; developed templates for hundreds of unique print products and trained India-based outsource teams in daily creation; managed the implementation and change process for “welcome pages” to improve user experience; and developed marketing collateral for worldwide campaigns.